Top 12 FAQs Answered: MHT CET Exam 2022
The MHT-CET, or Maharashtra Common Admission Test, is a yearly entrance exam held by
the Maharashtra government. The Directorate of Technical Education is in charge of
organizing MHT CET exams.
Students studying for the Maharashtra CET 2022 exam should visit this website frequently to stay updated.
There have been a lot of MHT CET FAQs. Here we have answered the most frequently asked questions about MHT CET 2022.
On the official website, the MHT CET 2022 exam dates have been revealed. The application form was open till April 15th (without a late fee).
Examination date for
- PCM Group :(11th June 2022 - 16th June 2022)
- PCB Group :(17th June 2022 - 23rd June 2022)
Answer key will be released in June last week MHT CET 2022 result date is: July first week2. How many times can you give MHT CET?
It can only be taken three times provided you must have a Maharashtra domicile.3. What is the Syllabus for the MHT CET exam subject-wise?
The MHT CET 2022 syllabus has been updated according to the new topics.
The CET syllabus consists of four subjects: physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. Candidates applying for engineering programs must take the Mathematics section, while those enrolling for pharmacy programs must take the Biology section.
Class 11 and 12 topics :
- Motion in a plane
- Laws of motion
- Thermal properties of matter
- Circular Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Wave Motion
- Surface Tension
- Wave Theory of Light
- Stationary Waves
- Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation
- Interference and Diffraction
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Inductions
- Electrons and Photons
- Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
Class 11th and 12th topics include :
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Solid State
- Structure of atom
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic
- Chemical bonding
- Redox reactions
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation
- Elements of groups 1 and 2
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- States of matter (Gaseous and Liquids)
- Adsorption and colloids (Surface Chemistry)
- p-Block elements Group 15 elements
- d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements
- Basic principles of organic chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes (and arenes)
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ether Alcohol
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Biomolecules Carbohydrates
- Mathematical Logic Statements
- Straight lines
- Pair of Straight Lines
- Measurement of dispersion
- Complex numbers
- Permutation and combination
- Trigonometric Functions
- Function Limits and continuity
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming Problems
- Applications of Derivative
- Applications of Definite Integral
- Differential Equation
- Probability Distribution
- Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution
• Biology: (Botany)
- Diversity in organisms
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Biochemistry of cell
- Gene: its nature, expression, and regulation
- Plant water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- Biotechnology: Process and Application
- Plant Growth and Development
- Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Reproduction in Plants
- Organisms and Environment -I
• Biology: (Zoology)
- Organisation of cell
- Origin and the Evolution of Life
- Animal tissues
- Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
- Human nutrition
- Genetic Engineering and Genomics
- Human respiration
- Human Health and Diseases
- Animal Husbandry
- Excretion and osmoregulation
- Control and Coordination
- Human Reproduction
- Organisms and Environment-II
4. Is MHT CET compulsory?
Candidates with Maharashtra state candidacy and minority candidates seeking admission to BE/BTech, medical fields must take the MHT-CET 2021.5. Best books to study for MHT CET 2022?
The best books for the MHT CET in all three subjects: physics, chemistry, and mathematics are the following:
- NCERT Textbook for physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology- Classes 11 and 12
- Triumph Chemistry MHT CET (Target Publication)
- MH-CET Chemistry Complete Reference Manual (Arihant Publication)
- Arihant Publishers' MHT CET Chemistry
- Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, and Rekha Diwekar - Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET.
- Mayur Mehta and Chitra Joshi's Chemistry for MHT CET (MCQ) (Marvel Publication)
- Volumes 1 and 2 of H.C. Verma's Concepts of Physics
- AJ Bapat's MHT CET Physics (Marvel Publication)
- M.K. Dikshit's MH-CET Physics Complete Reference Manual (Arihant Publication)
- A J Bapat's MCQ Physics for MHT CET (Marvel Publication)
- Hemant G. Ainapure's MCQ Mathematics for MHT CET (Marvel Publication)
- Sushil Verma's MH-CET Mathematics Complete Reference Manual (Arihant Publication)
6. Online resources to study
Candidates can use internet resources to go through all of the important concepts again over a longer period of time.
- You can download MHT CET Practice Papers - MHT CET practice papers can be downloaded directly from the collegedunia website. You can start your entrance exam preparation and quickly comprehend the kind of questions asked, the difficulty level of the questions, the pattern of the paper, and with the help of these sample papers.
- Studmonk- An online Android application created specifically for carrying out entrance exam preparation. It's free software.
- CETPractice - This is an internet program that assists individuals in their preparation for engineering and medical entrance exams. Previous year's papers, sample papers, mock tests, and other resources are available in this app.
- Offline MHT CET exam preparation - Another app for all those candidates who want to improve their entrance exam preparation. by experimenting with fresh ways.
- MHCET Entrance Exam Prep - This app is intended just for MHT CET aspirants. This can be used to solve as many test papers as the candidate like.
7. Are Calculators allowed in the exam?
Calculators, books, notebooks, or written notes, as well as cell phones and other technological devices, are not permitted during the examination.8. What and how many sections of papers are there in MHT CET?
There are two sections of the paper
The first section consists: Physics and Chemistry
The second section consists: Mathematics (Biology)
Yes, aspirants can prepare for MHT CET 2022 by studying for JEE Main or BITSAT.10. How early must one prepare for MHT CET 2022?
Candidates will need at least four to six months to practice each and every topic connected to the exam. One should practice prior year question papers during this time to obtain a sense of the types of questions that could be asked.11. Which section in MHT CET is the most scoring section?
Candidates will be granted one mark for each correct answer in Paper I (Physics and Chemistry) and two marks for each correct answer in Paper-II (Mathematics/Biology) according to the MHT CET 2022 test format. There will be no negative marking, and no points will be deducted for unattempted answers.
- Paper 1 - Physics + Chemistry = 100 marks
- Paper 2 - Mathematics or Biology = 100 marks
Both sections in MHT CET are equally scored as there are no negative markings.12. What is the syllabus weightage for MHT CET 2022 exam?
20% of the weight will be given to questions from the class 11 syllabus, and 80% of the weight will be given to questions from the class 12 syllabus.
Cracking MHT CET opens up the door to various exciting programs. It also increases the possibility of getting higher-ranked institutes like ITM Vocational University, IITs, NITs, etc.
So far, we have tried to cover the most MHT CET FAQs Hopefully, these quick MHT CET FAQs might have answered all your queries regarding the MHT CET 2022 exams. All the best.
choosing a Program?
Talk to us about which program best suits your professional career.Enquire Now